Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Phyllis D's Pearly Whites

I had an art show today, and can I be honest?  I wasn't looking forward to it.  I knew it wasn't the right venue for me.  It was more a craft fair, and I can't compete in price with low-ticket items when I'm making original art that takes me hours, days, months to complete.  Anyway, I woke up at 1 a.m. and tossed and turned for an hour until I got up and painted this one.

O.k., I worked on it BEFORE I went to bed and then finished it in those wee hours.  It was a rough day and included two losses that I just cannot write about here.  Some things are too close to the heart, no?

Suffice it to say, I am drinking a Spanish wine as I type this and will be going to bed early.  I was also right about that craft fair, by the way.  But I did get a wonderful compliment towards the end of it which bolstered my artistic spirit.  My eyes feel heavy right now, unlike this lady's below.  Let's just focus on her joy, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment