Sunday, June 14, 2015

Vice and Virtue

So I happened to watch one of my favorite movies today for the sixth millionth time, Woody Allen's, "Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona."  I love that film SO much!  Barcelona, summer, language, art, love, Spanish guitars, and the super sexy Javier Bardem...need I say more?  There's a lot of provocative smoking going on in that movie. Well, Scarlett Johansson, Penelope Cruz, and Bardem make it look that way.  (And no, I don't smoke--as a matter of fact, my asthma is acting up right now just breathing in the night-time humidity!).

Anyway, this drawing/painting must have come from watching that.   My little cup looked like it would hold green tea.  That seemed healthy, but I was under the influence of all that pre- and post-coital smoking from the flick. I tried to make the "vice" hand a little more evil looking. (-;

Also, initially I was drawing restaurant window panes, but then it looked like grass to me.  Hmm, that impression along with the ciggie almost had me calling this one "weed."  Actually, I think that's pretty hilarious, but you know, one must be so careful not to offend these days...


Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment