Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dreama Johnson Kattenbraker



  Dreama Johnson Kattenbraker

Meet the dreamy, beautiful, edgy work of Dreama Johnson Kattenbraker.  I met Dreama back in '97 or '99 at the Naperville Riverwalk where I fell in love with a woman's ceramic head that she had made.  I wanted it so much, but it was out of my budget.  I have utterly regretted not getting that piece of artwork to this day!! (There's a lesson here of course--if you ever love a piece of art, no matter what--get it!  It's one of those things that beautifies your life and soul for the remainder of your days on earth!)

Years later I asked Dreama if she still had it, but it had been broken in an accident.  Sob!  If only I had sent her bi-weekly checks for $20 for awhile!





It was a little like this piece...hmm, a little bit:


Anyway, Dreama, like her art is beautiful, intelligent, complex, creative, and a staunch animal lover.   The next time I ran into her she was showing her art at the Peoria Art Fair (you may not know it, but the shows I listed are some of the highest-rated fairs in the country-that's how good she is.)

Earlier that day I had just rescued a cat, and as we talked about our day, I mentioned it to Dreama.  What does she do, but sell me 2 beautiful goblets for a hugely discounted price for the good deed!  I have never forgotten her kindness.  I wanted to post the two goblets here, but I have them at my mom's house where we used them as guests at a tea party.  I'll update this post as soon as I get a snap of them.)  Here's a sample of her work:

Secrets from Bird 

Here's another favorite of mine--so, so beautiful!

BlueBirdGirl

I initially only knew Dreama as a ceramacist, but she is a painter as well.  To see more of her work, visit her Facebook page here.

Her son, Scott Kattenbraker, is also an artist, as is her daughter-in-law, Lisa Telling Kattenbraker.  It's a family affair!!  Which....makes me think of this:

Sly and the Family Stone - "Family Affair"


No comments:

Post a Comment