Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Malcolm Young (No Longer Available)

I was so sad to hear about Malcolm Young, founding member of AC/DC, one of the best rock/metal bands of all time, is suffering from dementia.  Actually, I had read that news earlier this year, but reading a second report of it today makes it appear very serious.  Here's a link if you haven't already heard.



I mean, I have to include a classic AC/DC clip here, with brother Angus moving in forward step fury in his schoolboy uniform,  But first, pay attention to the following track which gave a taste of what was to come.  Recorded in their AC/DC precursor group, Marcus Hook Roll Band, listen to this great single Rolling Stone magazine featured back in May of this year called "Louisiana Lady."  The greatness was there, even at 18 (Angus) and 20 (Malcolm) years of age.

Send out a prayer for an Aussie who gave the world a band and a reason to headbang in melodious style.   Thank you, Malcolm.


SERIOUSLY, listen to this--so good and such good sax!

Now a little "Highway to Hell."  I'll never forget this song playing on the radio--the VERY FIRST song!--as I headed off with an old roommate, her boyfriend, and his roommate to New Orleans and Austin back in college.  WHY didn't I heed the calling from the boys--it was a disastrous trip, but I ignored the metal warning.  Ah, well.  Live and learn.  Kick it, Angus!
"Highway to Hell"



Here's a great "Behind the Music" special on AC/DC.







No comments:

Post a Comment