Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hatch Show Print - Letterpress

I am a huge lover of letterpress.  The inky, imperfect poster or cards made from a real, honest-to-goodness printing press and ink.  No digital perfectness wanted!

My husband and I were in Nashville last week, and one of the places I absolutely HAD to go to was Hatch Show Print.  The smell and sound of the presses working, all those lines of type!  Ah, it was a brief journey back into another era.  When I was a kid, I had two idols, Julia Child and Benjamin Franklin.  Yeah, I know...weird kid.  Anyway, I briefly imagined ol' Ben printing away with his 3-penny loaf of bread nearby, and me watching, typing on my electronic typewriter that was reminiscent of those clickety-clacking presses.

Here's some pictures for your enjoyment, along with a poster I bought there.  It's still a little curled, so please forgive.  For more on Hatch Show Print, click here.

On the sidewalk heading in...















Here's the poster I bought.  They rolled it up so nicely for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment