Monday, April 21, 2014

Sketching Pre-Concert

I'm participating in an online class called Sketchbook Skool created by Danny Gregory and Koosje Koene and one of the assignments last week was to sketch in public. I have sketched "out and about" before, but never before a concert---jeepers, sure seems like I was a nerd extraordinaire sitting at my table, but baby, I had a homework assignment to fulfill! ha! I sketched a bit between songs as discreetly as possible--is this girl dedicated or what? (-; Anyway, when I got home, I quickly added some watercolor, but almost feel like it looked better in black and white.

  Last Friday, my husband and I saw Sam Llanas, founder and former member of the BoDeans and his current band. The guitarist, Sean Williamson, was so good! We were seated at a table right by the stage so I had quite a good view of the sound equipment.  O.K., without further ado, here's my quick sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment